Now that spring is coming, you can look forward to storing away your winter work jacket. But if you want to keep safe on site through the warmer months, then now is a great time to break in a new pair of safety work boots.
A good pair of boots will protect your feet against injuries, including crush injuries from falling objects; burns from chemical spills; extreme heat; chilblains, swelling, or frostbite from low temperatures; and cuts and punctures from common site materials like nails.
Badger stocks the best range of work boots in Australia. To help you make the right choice, we’ve compiled this quick checklist.
Safety Boot Checklist
1. Safety cap – Steel or composite cap. Essential for protecting your foot from injury.
2. Scruff cap – Look for the scruff cap at the front of the boot which helps it last longer.
3. Boot closure – Side zips are becoming more popular. Elastic sides are an easy pull-on option, but if you’re looking for a secure fit then go with lace ups.
4. Upper material – Full grain leather offers the best weatherproofing. Wheat colour is fashionable.
5. Outer sole – TPU is light and cushioning but lacks heat resistance; Nitrile offers premium resistance to heat, oil, mild acids, etc, but is a less flexible material; rubber is sturdy, heat tolerant, and puncture resistant, but heavy. Choose the right outer sole for your application.
6. Heel protection – Heel kicks protect the boots from damage and also adds ankle & heel support.
7. Insulation – If working in cold environments, boots with Thinsulate insulation will help keep you warm.
The Best Place for Workwear
Browse Badger’s online store for quality safety work boots, custom workwear, and bulk buy deals.
We have everything tradies, surveyors, farmers, businesses and project managers need, including hi vis, extreme hot and cold workwear, and women’s options.
Feel free to browse the website yourself or contact us directly for assistance.